Events, trips and great food lead APME Foundation auction bid list
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Posted by: Laura Sellers-Earl
One of the most anticipated events at the annual APME conference is the APME Foundation Auction. The 2013 conference is Oct. 28-30 in Indianapolis. The opening reception and APME Foundation auction will be held at the Indiana Roof Ballroom.
Items pledged for the auction so far include:
• 2 nights at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs
• A travel package to the annual Hall of Fame game
• A collection of Hershey's delicacies
• A collection of Oregon delicacies in a wooden chest
• A limo ride with a personalized tour through the Finger Lakes and top wine tasting
• A leather 110th anniversary special edition Harley jacket (size XL)
• Two up-close, center-court tickets to a Saturday March game between the Milwaukee Bucks and Lebron James and the two-time defending world champion Miami Heat
• A Memphis barbecue sauce basket
• A Springfield, Ill., history package including hotel stay, tickets to the Lincoln Museum and other attractions and gifts.
• A $200 in StubHub gift certificate
• An Arizona MLB spring training package, $100 in tickets, $250 for hotels
• Five-night stay in a New Jersey shore condo
• Jewelry from Arizona
Donations are still being accepted for auction items. We are interested in books, photos, cartoons, newspaper merchandise and regional food/wine baskets. To donate, please contact Bob Heisse, APME Foundation president, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of the conference is Content is King. Conference sessions will include Sports Coverage and Access, First Amendment Showdown, Change Management, Keeping Print Alive, The New Ethics, Metering Mania and How to Reset Your Coverage and Priorities.
The event will have two host hotels at two price points in the same complex, including the J.W. Marriott, $169 per night, and the SpringHill Suites, $139 per night. Special rates are available until Sept. 26. The conference will be held just across the street at the Indiana State Museum.
The first night's reception and APME Foundation auction will be held at the Indiana Roof Ballroom, and the second night will feature a reception at the NCAA Hall of Champions.