- Get Involved
- About Us
|Join or Renew Membership|
APME is a professional network, a resource for helping editors improve their news coverage and newsroom operations. Our committees and annual conferences bring editors together to share ideas and discuss the future of the industry.
The organization is open. We encourage members - from major metros to the smallest of dailies, broadcast outlets, online operations and educators and students - to get involved and share their opinions.
Memberships are $150 a year, with $50 student memberships available.
SUPPORT APME WITH A LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP
The Associated Press Media Editors is offering an $800 lifetime membership. "APME is 100 percent focused right now on enhancing and adding to the benefits of being a member," said former APME President Brad Dennison.
• $25 off for each subsequent year paid in advance. For example, two-year membership paid in advance would be $275 instead of $300; three-year membership paid in advance would be $400 instead of $450.
Besides the $800 lifetime membership, APME is also offering other incentives to start or renew your membership, including:
• $75 for associate members and retirees.
• True one-year membership from payment date instead of by calendar year.
Benefits of membership
• APME brings together news leaders from all sizes of publications and broadcast stations.
• Myriad programs, such as Sounding Board, help keep the lines of communication open with AP.
• APME is leading the First Amendment charge through its active committee work and with the help and resources of the AP.
• APME and APPM are at the forefront of the sports credentialing questions.
• Your organization can gain from Credibility Roundtables that offer research and insight into online issues nationwide.
• You can get great advice from the trenches.
• For educators: Access to the newsroom and broadcast leaders who do the hiring.
• Weekly APME Update with news from around the industry and the AP.
• APME News, the quarterly magazine that offers industry insight and guidance.
• The annual conference is held with Associated Press Photo Editors.
• Trade ideas and ask for advice from your peers at facebook.com/apmenews.