Matt Wynn of the Omaha World-Herald teaches at Lincoln NewsTrain in 2016.
Welcome to APME's NewsTrain
NewsTrain is a national touring workshop sponsored by APME that has served more than 7,000 journalists in their own cities since 2003. Programs are designed to provide training in the digital skills, knowledge, and information needed in a rapidly changing media setting, at an affordable cost. NewsTrain’s attendees include frontline editors, department heads, senior editors, reporters, copy editors, visual journalists and online producers working on multiple platforms. College journalism professors and students also find NewsTrain programs valuable, as do communications specialists.
NewsTrain workshops in 2018-19
- March 24 in Muncie, Indiana, hosted by Ball State University;
- April 6-7 in Phoenix, hosted at Arizona State University by the Arizona Newspapers Association;
- Fall 2018 in Denton, Texas, (40 miles north of Dallas), hosted by the University of North Texas;
- Fall 2018 or the first half of 2019 in Greenville, South Carolina, hosted at Furman University by The Greenville News; and
- March 2019 in Toronto, hosted by News Media Canada.
Please sign up here to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2018-19 workshops.
Donors in 2017 include the Park, Samuel I. Newhouse and Sigma Delta Chi foundations, as well as APME board members.
Donate to NewsTrain
NewsTrain on Social Media
Email Linda Austin, NewsTrain project director.
Trainers' slides and handouts from recent NewsTrains are here: