Tabitha Waggoner asks a question at Murfreesboro, Tennessee, NewsTrain in 2016.
NewsTrain workshops in 2017
- Norman, Oklahoma, on March 4, at the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma. Registration is closed; this workshop has already happened.
- New England NewsTrain, on Oct. 14, in Beverly, Massachusetts, about 26 miles north of Boston, at Endicott College. Registration is closed; this workshop has already happened.
- Suburban Columbus, Ohio, on Oct. 21, at the Dublin campus of Ohio University. Registration is open.
- Seattle, Washington, on Nov. 11 at the University of Washington. Registration is open.
NewsTrain workshops in 2018-19
- March 24 in Muncie, Indiana, hosted by Ball State University;
- April 6-7 in Phoenix, hosted at Arizona State University by the Arizona Newspapers Association;
- Fall 2018 in Denton, Texas, (40 miles north of Dallas), hosted by the University of North Texas;
- Fall 2018 or the first half of 2019 in Greenville, South Carolina, hosted at Furman University by The Greenville News; and
- March 2019 in Toronto, hosted by News Media Canada.
Please sign up here to be emailed when more information becomes available on the dates, agendas and instructors for the 2018-19 workshops.
Additional workshops for 2019 will be announced in 2018. To apply to bring NewsTrain to your town in 2019, visit bit.ly/HostNewsTrain.
Questions? Email Linda Austin, NewsTrain project director.
Slides and handouts from past NewsTrains